Thursday, June 16, 2005

I've had two uncommonly nice days. Really.

Yesterday was my day off- woke up earlyish, went to the gym, came home and got ready for the day. Visited my old high school band director along with a friend (two old farts can go where only one would look strange...) And then later that night me and two of my high school buddies went out for dinner and ended up hanging out until midnight. We all remember the same corny jokes (music with appeal) and shared a bunch of stories (which means: if you're a boy and you are presently or have ever been affiliated with one of us, then you are fair game for conversation fodder.) We're wondering what ever happened to a few of our old group...but...well, the whole night seemed to lack very little.

Then today, work was even kind of nice. I can now scrub used surgucal equipment without wincing, and I even got to watch the Dr. stitch somebody up today. (My Dad bet me $10 I would faint the first time I was in the room...methinks I should be coming face to face with good ol' Alex Hamilton rather soon...) And Mrs. Wilson took my picture wearing all of my stuff (scrubs, apron, glasses, face mask, gloves...) I'll see if I can get a hold of it to post- I look like I'm dressed up for Halloween. And the funniest elderly couple came in today:

Nurse: Right this way, John.
John: What's that?
Marge: Dear, she wants you to follow her that way.
John: Oh, is that it? Well I'm 89 years old...I'll do what I want. Where's she headed now? I think I'll go on over there.
Nurse: Sir, is this your wife?
John: Nope. That there's my girlfriend. Left the wife at home.
(Apparently they just celebrated their 61st wedding anniversary...)


And then, after his surgery:

Nurse: And here's your get-well flower from Dr. Wilson's office! We'll call you tonight to see how you're doing.
John: Margie, dear. Lookit this lovely flower I got fer yeh. Heh, heh.
Marge: Oh, dear. :::blushing:::: You always know how to please...

hehe, people crack me up. The girl who got her wisdom teeth pulled right before these two showed up was so happy with the Valium that they gave her that she told all of us that she loved us. And that she wished she could get Allllllllll of her teeth pulled because it was the best thing EVER.

Sometimes it really is a total riot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home