Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Another list of things:

1. Just got back from houseboating on Lake Shasta for a week with the boyfriend's family. (Hi Boyfriend!!!) Super fun. And, after four years of fruitless attempts, I FINALLY wakeboarded. For like, 5 seconds total. My impression of me, wakeboarding:

Boat: Revs up, starts pulls slowly.
Me: Okay, relax. Sit in the chair. At the dinner table. Vizualize popping out of the water. Visualize. Breathe. Hold on. Grip okay? Good. Sit in the chair. Sit in the chair. GO!!!!
Boat: nnnrrrrrmmmmm...nnnnRRRRRMMMM....RRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Me: Ohgodohgod, hold on! holdonholdon! sitinthechair!!! hold on! ohmygod I'm up! I'm up!! Haaahaaa! :::smack:::

The smack, of course, being the sound made by my face as it hits the water. I also have blistered lines across my palms that make it look as if I did something naughty in class and got rapped across the palms repeatedly for it. gah. why was this sport invented?

2. Have finally started to read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. Am now constantly anxious that family members may start dying, randomly. Am heartened that there is someone crazier than me out there, and that he has made a stunning career for himself nonetheless. Do not plan on letting my parents out into the world where they could harm themselves in any way (car accident, meteorites...) for the next week. Am sure my father will deem this unacceptable, and until he learns to weild his height and weight advantage over me, I do not care.

3. Fear of moving on steadily taking hold of my being. I need to move into a new apartment. I need to figure out what new things I need for the kitchen, need a new comforter, want a bathroom set that matches. What if I get a roomate, and she's mean? What if I don't get a roomate, and I'm lonely? What if I can't afford food? What if I keep gaining weight because I can't run and I feel fat and self-conscious and have a hard time making friends? What if school is too much? What if my computer finally breaks down and I need to figure out how to buy a new one? What if my phone plan doesn't work out right and I go for months, unable to talk to my friends and my boyfriend, who is going to Hawaii where he may, in some sort of freak accident, get caught on some newly-formed remote volcanic island- just him and lava, the rage of nature- where he has to keep close to the water for days on end to avoid being burnt to a crisp by the lava flow of the newly forming island and goes for days without shelter while waiting for a rescue team to come and get him, surviving only off of his one water bottle of glacier ice gatorade and the occasional minnows that he catches while keeping close to shore?!?!

4. I NEED to switch back to decaf. Once and for all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.

Decaf is no fun.

This is Teresina btw.

7:23 PM  
Blogger candice said...

I LOOOOOOVE Dave Eggers. And I met him too, and DAMMIT is he great in person too... sigh. Dave....

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home