Sunday, February 02, 2003

So why in God's name is the groundhog so special? Have YOU ever seen one?! Who gave this little bugger the right to be all high master of the weather for the next six weeks?! Honestly...Why, in America, do we even HAVE traditions like that? Allow me to propose a plausible re-enactment of the first ground hog sighting in the new Americas:

The Players: James Willyknickers- A happless young pioneer, out reconnoitering in the woodlands of his new homeland in oh, let's say...Pennsylvania.
Phil the Groundhog- Mammal.

JW: Oh, what a glorious day the Lord bestoweth upon us. As I frolic-eth around my new homestead, I relish-eth my newfound religious freedom, I cannot imagineth a more beauteous day than thisth. (As you can see, James has a slight lisp.)
Phil: Enter, stage right, from hole
JW: What ho! A fair woodland creature! I dost believe I detect in him the glimmer of environmental prescience!
Phil: Did he just call me a ho? I'm going back inside. (Exit.)
JW: Look there! A sign! The small fellow, as he emergeth from his hole, hath seen his owne shadowe. It must be that this small mammalian predicteth that there shalt be six more weeks until the spring. Alas, what misfortune!
Phil: (from hole) What the hell?

Curtain

Thank you, thank you. Another one of my triumphs in dramaticism, I know.

As a side note...if I ever grow up and have a band of any sort...I'm calling them The Groundhogs. Our first album? Rockhog. Just you wait.
But I digress...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home