Saturday, January 25, 2003

Why, hello there...soooo....let me see what I have accomplished this week:
Started school.
Started back at work.
Read Petronius's Satyricon.

And that's it. Now I can gleefully bost, "I've read The Satyricon! I've read the Satyricon!"
And people will give me funny looks because no one knows/cares what the hell that is. Boy howdy, don't I feel like a Renaissance woman.

In actuality, my mind wanders off in class sometimes and I start thinking...What if I were like Matilda and I could move chalk with my eyes? Pretty cool. Or what if I was the absolute best at something in the world? Wouldn't that be cool? Like, if I had some freakish talent that was just ingrained. It would be cool to be, like, really fricken good at Yo Yo. Or like, skateboarding. Something no one would expect a big dorky white girl like myself to be able to do. Or what if I could write a book or something and it turned out to be the most quintessentail work of English literature since Chaucer? And I could have a pen name so no one would know it was me...I could make up a whole persona. And just walk around, listening to everything that people have to say about the book and just sit there and smile. Yeah. That'd be cool if I was an English teacher or something and I had to teach the book...yeah...and if some kid messed up on a paper or something I could draw a big sad face and write "Better luck next time!" Heh. heh. Yeeessss....eeeexcelllent.....

I get a bit more caustic every semester, don't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home