Tuesday, January 14, 2003

An excerpt from an e-mail from BJ that I thought was hilarious...

Phone rings.
I sit up in bed and look at my watch: 8:45 am
Reach over and pick it up.

Me: Hello?
Woman: Hello, is Mr. Verzosa there?

This is obviously a telemarketer.

Me: No, he doens't live here anymore.

A blatant lie. He's my roommate across the hall.

Telemarketer: Well, then may I speak with you?
Me: uhhh...
Telemarketer: yada yada yada yada...sir, how much would you say you pay for your monthly phone bill?
Me: Zero dollars.
Telemarketer: Funny, sir, but you must be paying something! Otherwise we couldn't be talking right now!
Me: Good point.

Set the phone down and slump over in bed.

Telemarketer: yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada. Sir? Sir? Hello?

Reach over and hang up.
Back to sleep.

Isn't he a charmer? It's his natural eloquence. That's what keeps me around. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home