Tuesday, February 27, 2007

So, it comes to this:

When I am a bonafide adult, I would like to have a job where I interact meaningfully with people during the day about the ideas put forward by books (mostly), art, television, the news, music, poetry, etc. I would like said job to allow me to really help people who need it-- to inspire self-confidence, to give people some practical thinking and communication skills. I would also like to be able to come home every night by 6 or 7 o'clock, cook myself a nice meal, and not have to worry about working for another 4-6 hours before I go to bed every night. I would like this job to allow for 8 consecutive hours of sleep when bedtime does roll around, and I want it to enable me to wake up early and go running or do yoga or go for a walk before I head off to work. I want to hang out with friends and loved ones on weekends. I want to see my family. I want to travel. I want to do paint-by-number pictures. I want to take art classes. I want to go to restaurants and have a glass of wine. And I don't want to have to worry that my status as a successful, happy individual relies on my ability to torture unsuspecting novels until they grudgingly reveal some half-truth about Importanttownsville society in the month of May, in the year of 18whatever when the emergent concept of somethingorother caused drastic paradigmatic shifts in regards to somestufforsomething.


hmmm...

1 Comments:

Blogger NP said...

"paradigmatic shifts"

stupid grad school. :P

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home