Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ode to Spring Break, Part I;
or, Redburn, You Jerk

My Spring Break has been rainy,
my Spring Break's been inside.
as if when it first saw me
Hawaii up and cried.

I've been to Starbucks twice now,
to Coffee Bean as well,
Is vacation different from the norm?
It's getting hard to tell.

The sights! They are so splendid!
Unusual, indeed.
From this small island paradise,
this office where I read.

And over there is BJ,
he makes a bunch of graphs,
I'm working on a paper-
but all I have is drafts.

It's really really fun though.
Although vacation's cursed.
I'll never mind the boredom-
it all comes out in verse.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe :) aww kat, it was so much fun seeing you on saturday! and don't worry, i'll get to diddi reese eventually. in other news, i'm getting better cuz i went to a doctor who actually gave me meds! yay! :-p and don't feel bad, it's been continually raining here too. hope you're having fun though!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kat! =)
i like your poem

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home