Wednesday, February 15, 2006

holy crap!

I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow!

Which means that I canNOT find it in me to be able to sit down and do work right now! gah! I'm like, "Hmm...Piers Plowman, Piers Plowman. Hmm...Middle English...hmmm...flip flops! I can't forget to bring my flip flops!"

But it *will* be nice to relax (hopefully. I'm bringing work. "To do on the plane.")

Because really, I've started like, trying to read and eat at the same time. And doing other such things that really are rather messy. And thinking up ways to combine doing homework with other things so that I do not begrudge the time it takes me to, oh, say, shower because it's not productive. In the scholastic sense. Not the de-smellifying sense. (Seriously, though...if they just could make waterproof books...would it be so hard?) The only place that I've put my foot down for the "no reading allowed" policy is the gym. There used to be this girl at Berkeley who would just run realllly slowly and READ AT THE SAME TIME. Like, holding the book in front of her face. While jogging. No, I say! I shall not be pushed to that...

hmm...speaking of the gym, I'd like to announce that, after many careful weeks of work, I can now touch my left toe while doing floor stretches. Mhmm. Me! The Incredible Inflexo! Yay for small (miniscule) victories!

In general I also have to say that I've been keeping up my new year's resolution to not use "I'm too tired" as an excuse not to go work out. And shoot, I can't complain. I mean, you go to the gym one day and you're like: wow, I'm really getting started here. this is going to be a great week! Second day in a row and you're like: Whoo! Third day: I am *so* good at this. I'm like a time-managing fitness machine. Fourth day: I OWN YOU, GYM.

ha! Wow...well that was a whole bunch of nothing right there.

I should get back to the field full of folk...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Kat,

A little shortcut for Piers: Become a farmer for Christ! That's it. That's what the whole damn thing is about. The rest is just an exercise in medieval farming nomenclature.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat, if you're to come over here you have to start calling them slippers, not flip-flops. I've seriously been yelled at (by Joe) for calling them flip-flops.

Or just call them shoes. Cause that's pretty much what they are over here.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home