Saturday, April 30, 2005

Oh...my...God. So...much...to do. Garg! (hmm..don't know where that one came from. Sounds like a Pirate. Or maybe a good name for a cave man. Garg!) At any rate, I am sitting here, at work, during a free moment, decidedly NOT proofreading the rough copy of my thesis, or looking at the critical theory paper that I should be outlining, or doing anything productive, really. It's best this way.

Hmm..recent Kat news...have finished rough copy of thesis. Have decided first 20 (maybe 30) pages are shit. Will use the rest of my weekend to rework this steaming pile of pooh. Failure is not an option. (The best way to get any bit of writing into line is to intimidate it into submission.) Have come up with snarky title: "Out of the Tower, Into the Novel: Lucy Snowe and the Formation of the Panoptic Protagonist." Ooooohhhhh yes, my friends. There's parallel construction, there's alliteration, and (the most exciting part!) a colon that is used to offset the title's main clause from its modifying explanation, thereby contributing to the perception of the paper's argument as somehow complex and multifaceted, and creating a dramatic pause to boot!!! Yess!!!!

So I also saw a guy fall off a treadmill at the gym this week. And it was everything that I, in my worst nightmares, conceived it to be. The desparate grabbing, and flailing, and the slow slide as the body admitted defeat and allowed itself to be ejected, horizontally, onto the floor of the RSF. And the sound- it was like when you run your finger across the surface of a balloon. Only, like I said...it was not a finger and a balloon, but a body and a floor. Yah. I felt SO BAD for this guy. All of us (the 20 or so girls on the Pre-cors that, no doubt, saw the whole thing and were instantly rendered speechless) felt bad. So, Guy, if you're out there: It's okay. We hope you're alright. Thanks for taking the fall for all of us, man. Deep down, we know it could happen to any one of us.

Okay..gotta get back to work for now! Garg!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home