Saturday, October 02, 2004

How did it get to be October already?

I dunno you guys...

The earliest deadline for grad school applications that I've seen is December 15th. Oh, God. And every time I tell people that I'm planning on going straight back to school after I graduate they look at me like I have sprouted another head. A friend at work leaned across my desk and said, "Let me tell you, Kat, the people that go to grad school right after undergrad....are little gits. They haven't done anything yet." And I think I see his point. Sometimes I sit in my honors class and feel like people are talking just to BE SMART. Which is very important. There's an art to BEING SMART. In fact, it's not good enough to BE SMART. You need to BE SMARTER THAN EVERYONE AROUND YOU. God...I just...don't know. And conversely, what if I show up at grad school and I AM the little git? Oh, God...let it not come to pass...

So I guess none of this is very funny...I offer this, gleaned from dictionary.com, for your appeasement and edification:

git
n : a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible; "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'" [syn: rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home