Monday, October 27, 2003

Kay and I doing homework, and approximate recreation:

Me: This picture is apparently a neutrino detector. (pointing to a picture in my Astro book.)
Kay: Wow...I don't really understand neutrinos.
Me: I don't think anyone does. But I'm a little uncomfortable with the fact that there's millions of them whizzing around in my body right now and we don't even know what's going on with them.
Kay: But we're really just made up of particles anyway...like electrons.
Me: Then why can't I see through my hand? (We both look at our hands.) I think if we stare long enough, it'll happen. Some things are more important than homework anyway.
Kay: You go ahead and do that, Kat.
Me: Kay, I think this is the sort of thing that needs support.
Kay: You want me to sit and watch you watch your own hand until you can see through it?
Kat: Kay, THIS IS SCIENCE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home