Wednesday, August 29, 2007



1. 10 years: Today marks the 10th anniversary of my residence in California. On August 29, 1997, my dad, my mom, my sister, my brother, and I-- along with enough luggage to last us until the moving van arrived from Delaware- landed at LAX. We took an airport shuttle out to Palmdale, and I started high school 3 days later. It was brown, it was hot, I was 14, I was totally alone, and I thought it was really going to suck...but somehow, California turned out to be okay.

2. 2 days: 2 days ago, my (eventual, but pretty much actual) sister-in-law had a beautiful baby boy named Parker James. BJ and I spent the morning at Bentley's looking at our phones every 2 seconds while trying to concentrate on our work. It was impossible. If waiting for little Parker could make us that nervous and happy and excited from 500 miles away, I can't even imagine how awesome he's going to be in person. Congratulations, Tawny! Happy Birthday, Parker!

2 Comments:

Blogger bjswift said...

3. You just robbed a bunch of astronomers of their money in poker.

12:36 AM  
Blogger NP said...

BJ's sis had a PJ. Cute.

I'm a dork :)

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home