Friday, May 23, 2008

There's a lot that makes me happy. There's a big bush of jasmine blooming right outside my front gate that I get to pass every morning for instance, and I like that. I like that it's getting a little warmer-- although I really liked that it got a little rainy and gray today, because it made me remember walking to school in Berkeley.

...but walking home from the grocery store earlier tonight, with all of my single serving meals and "for one" sized little bags of snacks, I sort of got to thinking about what I was walking back to. I like living by myself. But this Friday my plans involve listening to Jane Eyre on my iPod while cleaning my apartment (just to be sure that I am, in fact, making the most valuable use of my time that is humanly possible-- where "valuable" is a function of how much any given activity will help me study for my oral exams in the Fall) and then trying to get two hours of work in on a paper that was *technically* due six months ago.


[sigh]

1 Comments:

Blogger candice said...

Kat! I miss you! I know what you mean about the single serving stuff. You and I will make great feasts when you're here, to make up for lost effort.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home