Sunday, September 01, 2002

I have a hard time figuring out what to do with myself sometimes. Maybe that's what this is for. Anyway, I wanted to say hi to my friend Sarah...hi Sarah! We go way back...to like fifth grade. We used to ride bikes and play Mall Madness with our other partner in crime Deborah. (Remember that game? it was great...I'll have to get me one for when I'm old and bored...Sale at the Fashion Boputique! Ching Ching!) She reminded me of something that I think is pretty funny...want to know what type of a kid I was? Well, one hot summer day just a little while before I moved to California we were having a grand old time hanging out in my room. Want to know what we were doing? Do you remember those little people books? Mr. Happy? Miss Tiny? Mr. Noisy? There was a whole series of them...the characters were always simple sort of shapish little guys, all solid-colored. Sarah and I sat there drinking Dr. Pepper (which is still the definitive coolest in carbonated beverage, I might add) innocently enough. Until we got our hands on my sister's set of these books. We began reading them to each other and within the half hour we were in the midst of rolling, tear-jerking storm of hilarity. Mind you, I think I was 14. It was wonderful, it really was! I'm glad I had great friends to humor me back then :) I miss ya, Sarah. I'll come visit sometime...

And that's what sort of kid I was...quirky....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home