Thursday, August 29, 2002

I met a new type of crazy today while sitting at a bus stop. He was a homeless person. Granted, some of those are pretty out there, but this went beyond the normalities of asking (or demanding) change or just being a tad mentally ill. You could see it in his eyes...I couldn't stop looking at them...they had a weird intelligence. (And when I say weird I mean in the sense that there was something terrible and supernatural about them...) I took this Greek Myth class over the summer...there's this one story about Cassandra who had the gift of prophesy but also the curse that no one would ever believe her (she TOLD the Trojans they were going to lose...but did they listen? Noooooooo....) I think this man is sort of like what she would look like. Hmmm....minus the threadbare sweater and the shopping cart...so on the off chance that this particular crazy is actually right (and I was tempted to be frightened into believing him myself) I will do you all the kindness of telling you what he says so you might take the necessary precautions...and because, retrospectively this is sort of funny...I couldn't hear everything though because he was very soft spoken and there was traffic but here goes...

I was walking in a feild and came to something...right on the ground in front of me it was the pool, small and round...I visited them...I like your clothes, your jacket here...but, you see, the shape of your shoulders, the jacket. It makes it so they can see you from the trees where they are (points to trees) they hide there. Then it's transmitted to the sky. When I was up there, you see, they couldn't tell I was gone. that's funny isn't it, you know? etc. etc.

So if any of you happen to own a sort of dust-colored four-pocket jean jacket with metal snaps (that you, incidentally, got on sale...) you'd better build yourself a fallout shelter. Or wear a lead smock or something. Because they can see you through the trees.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home