Sunday, January 10, 2010

Best case scenario...


Dr. Orthopedist: Hi there, I'm Dr. Orthopedist! :::reaches for a handshake::: I've been looking over your chart. It looks like we're seeing you for some hip pain?

Me: Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's bursitis.

Dr: Been giving you problems long?

Me: Since August.

Dr: Right.

Me: So I think magic is in order.

Dr: You mean a cortisone shot?

Me: Yeah. Magic. That's what I said.

Dr: Seems perfectly sound.

Me: Thank you. Shall I point to the area?

Dr: Please.

:::Kat indicates painful area on hip. Dr. O. thrusts long hypodermic needle into right illiopsoas bursa and pushes the plunger down, Pulp Fiction style:::

Hip: All better! :::twinkle smiles:::

Me: There, now. That is quite a bit better. You've been very helpful.

Dr: No worries.


:::Kat exits office, leaps, painlessly, over clinic counter and proceeds home, jogging effortlessly at 7 min per mile pace:::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home